- Compact Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope provides great views during day or night
- 102mm (4") aperture and 1300mm focal length telescope provides fantastic celestial views of the Moon, planets, and bright deep-sky objects, as well as terrestrial views of wildlife and scenery
- A telescope small enough to store on a bookshelf but with the power of traditional scopes five times its size!
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, 6x26 correct-image finder scope, 45-degree correct-image diagonal, soft carry case and more!
- Does not include tripod or mount - either can be purchased separately
Imagine a telescope so small you can tuck it into a daypack or store it on a bookshelf, yet so powerful that it has the magnification and light-gathering capability of traditional telescopes five times its size . . . Imagine a telescope equally at home looking an eagle in the eye or revealing the cloud bands of Jupiter . . . Imagine a telescope made the old-fashioned way, of enameled aluminum and precision optical glass, instead of plastic. And imagine that these telescopes are incredibly competitively priced. As you can imagine, we've got it. The Orion Apex 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope, only from Orion.
One look at it and you immediately appreciate its abbreviated simplicity and quality details. But the proof of any great telescope is in the viewing. And one look through our Apex 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope will prove that it's as long on optical excellence as it is short in profile. A serious telescope only incredibly portable.
Big Aperture Maksutov-Cassegrain Optics
The secret is in the light-folding Maksutov-Cassegrain design. It permits large-diameter optics, 102mm, to be housed in an unusually compact, wonderfully portable tube. As a spotting scope, the Apex 102mm gathers more light than typical field telescopes (often costing several times more), serving up brighter, more highly resolved images even in the dimmest of lighting conditions. Multi-coatings applied to the curved front lens guarantee the highest possible light transmission. For astronomy, the Orion Apex 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope exhibits all the performance of classic long-tube 102mm refractors, and easily outperforms smaller refractors on views of the planets and Moon as well as on faint nebulas and star clusters. Its long focal length allows high-power study of Jupiter's cloud belts and Red Spot, and Saturn's rings, and provides long reach for capturing distant terrestrial targets. What's more, Apex telescopes accept standard 1.25" telescope eyepieces for nearly unlimited magnification options.
Speaking of accessories, the Apex 102mm comes with a multi-coated 25mm Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece (1.25") and a 45ø diagonal that provides a correctly-oriented field of view. As does the correct-image finder scope (6x26 on Apex 102), which makes locating objects a cinch. The finder scope is held in a quick-release dovetail bracket for easy assembly and disassembly. And here's something special: we also include a rugged, fully padded carrying case to protect your telescope. It's got hand and shoulder straps and ample pockets for accessories.
The telescope easily pops on and off a telescope mount or camera tripod with the built-in 1/4"-20 adapter plate. And it doubles as a high-power telephoto lens for photography, too. Just mount a 35mm camera body (with optional T-ring) to the T-threads on the telescope eyepiece holder and you're all set!
Imagine, a telescope that's this versatile, this powerful, this portable. And on top of all that, this competitively priced! It's here, in the Orion Apex 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope. Take a look!
- Best for viewing Lunar & planetary
- User level: Beginner
- Optical design : Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Optical diameter : 102mm
- Finder scope lens diameter : 26mm
- Focal length : 1300mm
- Focal ratio : f/12.7
- Eyepieces : Sirius Plossl 25.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces 52x
- Resolving power : 1.13arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification : 15x
- Highest useful magnification : 204x
- Highest theoretical magnification 204x
- Limiting stellar magnitude : 12.7
- Optical quality : Diffraction limited
- Finder scope 6x26 Correct-image : Focuser Internal
- Diagonal degrees: 1.25" 45ø Prism Correct-image
- Secondary mirror obstruction 31mm
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter 34%
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area 12%
- Tube material: Aluminum
- Length of optical tube: 11.0 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 5.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories Optical tube carry case
Jacobs Photo & Digital offer two finance options.
Buy what you want today, pay for it in four instalments, interest-free up to $1000 with Afterpay. (Note: if you are a first time Afterpay user, the total order amount is capped at $500) To use Afterpay please checkout using the website like normal and select "Afterpay" as the payment option. It's that easy. For orders over $1000, please apply for a Harmoney loan.
Get a free no-obligation quote for your loan with Harmoney today. With Harmoney's 100% online process you can apply now and have your loan approved within 24 hours. Harmoney assigns a personalised interest rate based on your personal circumstances, so you pay your rate based on your circumstances, not everyone else's.Start my loan
We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 2-3 working days for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please leave a note on your order or email us prior to pickup.
For orders within the North Island allow 2 working days, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.