- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 9 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera startup time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Combination IS
- Combination IS uses the built-in 5-axis digital image stabilization in conjunction with lens-based image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This benefits recording while walking or moving, and can also be used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical IS for more effective overall stabilization.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a tilting design (180° upward, 45° downward) to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Compatible with optional external EVF-DC2 for eye-level monitoring.
- Five function dials can be used for intuitive settings adjustments, and each can be customized to adjust specific functions for more personalized control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- The included LP-E17 lithium-ion battery offers approximately 295 shots per charge, or 425 shots when working in Eco mode.
- Manual pop-up flash is available for additional illumination.
Lens Mount Canon EF-M
Camera Format APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)
Pixels Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
Max Resolution 24 MP: 6000 x 4000
Aspect Ratio 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
Sensor Type / Size CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm
File Formats Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: H.264, MP4
Audio: AAC LC
Bit Depth 14-Bit
Dust Reduction System Yes
Memory Card Type SD
Image Stabilization Digital, 5-Way
Video Recording Yes, NTSC/PAL
Video Format 1920 x 1080p at 59.94 fps (35 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 29.97 fps (24 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
1280 x 720p at 59.94 fps (16 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
640 x 480p at 29.97 fps (3 Mbps MP4 via H.264)
Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9
Video Clip Length Up to 29 Min 59 Sec
Audio Recording Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video)
Focus Type Auto & Manual
Focus Mode Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)
Autofocus Points Phase Detection: 49
Display Screen 3" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (1,040,000)
ISO Sensitivity Auto, 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)
Shutter 30 - 1/4000 Second
Remote Control RS-60E3, RC-6, RA-E3 (Optional)
Metering Method Center-weighted average metering, Evaluative metering, Partial Metering, Spot metering
Exposure Modes Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 1.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
White Balance Modes Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten
Continuous Shooting Up to 9 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 17 frames in raw format
Up to 9 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 26 frames in JPEG format
Up to 7 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 31 frames in JPEG format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 1000 frames in JPEG format
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 30 frames in raw format
Built-in Flash Yes
Guide No. 16.4' (5 m) ISO100
Max Sync Speed 1 / 200 Second
Flash Compensation -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
Dedicated Flash System eTTL
External Flash Connection Hot Shoe
Start-up Time 1 seconds
Self Timer 10 seconds, 2 seconds
Connectivity HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB
Wi-Fi Capable Yes
Battery 1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh
AC Power Adapter ACK-E17 (Optional)
Operating/Storage Temperature Operating
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
Dimensions (WxHxD) 4.4 x 2.7 x 1.8" / 112.0 x 68.0 x 44.5 mm
Weight 13.757 oz / 390 g with battery and memory card