About this product
- 4K Ultra HD 24/30p & 16.6MP Stills
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 26.8mm Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Zoom Lens
- 20x Optical Zoom & 40x Clear Image Zoom
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- Fast Intelligent AF
- High Speed 120 fps Recording
- 3.0" LCD Touchscreen / 0.24" Color EVF
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Microphone
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
TheSony FDR-AX53is a palm-sized Handycam camcorder that combines a Zeiss 20x optical zoom lens and a high-sensitivity image sensor to produce crisp and high-quality UHD 4K video. The Exmor R CMOS image sensor supports UHD 4K video capture at 24 or 30 fps using Sony's XAVC S codec and features pixels that are approximately 1.6x larger than the previous model for enhanced performance in all conditions, particularly low-light scenarios. The camcorder also features Sony's Balance Optical SteadyShot image stabilization technology to help produce smooth and stable footage throughout the zoom range. Further enhancements include improved autofocus speed and accuracy, a lower-noise built-in microphone, and a high-speed 1080p 120 fps recording mode to create high-resolution slow-motion content.
You can monitor your shots using the camcorder's 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD touchscreen display with 921K dot resolution, or the high-resolution 0.24" 1,555K dot OLED EVF. For large-screen playback, an HDMI output port is also provided for connecting to your HDTV to large-screen. You can even 'trim' a selected portion of a 4K video or image frame to fill the screen with Full HD quality. For enhanced connectivity and remote control, the FDR-AX53 is Wi-Fi and NFC enabled. This lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camcorder, as well as wirelessly transfer files to your mobile device and even stream live to Ustream.
Designed for a wide range of users, the camcorder features a range of automatic image and audio options for easy point-and-shoot operation, as well as enhanced manual controls that give you more creative freedom. An assignable ring on the front of the camcorder can be assigned to control of zoom, focus, exposure, iris, shutter speed, exposure, or white balance. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack is included for powering the camcorder, along with an AC adapter, micro-HDMI cable, and micro-USB cable.
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- A newly developed image sensor, with pixels of approximately 1.6 times larger than previous models, offers enhanced sensitivity for capturing high-quality images with less noise under dark as well as bright shooting conditions.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens with 20x Optical Zoom
- The FDR-AX53 comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 26.8mm (in movie mode) to fit more into your shots and a 20x optical zoom range. Multi-layer Zeiss T* coating further enhances image quality by reducing unwanted reflection, such as ghost and flare. To get you closer to the action, the zoom range can be extended using Clear Image Zoom of 30x/40x (4K/HD) using Clear Image zoom.
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Advanced image stabilization suppresses camera shake to stabilize footage as it is being shot and works throughout the zoom range. In HD shooting mode, it further reduces effects of camera shake even under unstable conditions with 5-axis Intelligent Active mode compensating for vibration in five different directions, so you can shoot stable high-quality movies even while running.
- Fast Intelligent AF
- Fast Intelligent AF achieves very speedy, accurate contrast-detection autofocus by minimizing lens motion, predicting the AF range, and accelerating lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture more fleeting moments.
- 5.1 Channel On-Board Audio Capture
- During AVCHD recording, a 5.1 channel built-in microphone captures active sounds coming from five directions so you can experience your home movies the way you experienced them while recording. Level meters on the LCD panel provide visual monitoring of each channel's levels.
Note:5.1 channel audio is only available when recording in AVCHD, so it is not available for 4K UHD recording, which uses the XAVC S codec.
- Lower Noise Audio Performance
- A new structural design enables the microphone to gather clearer sound from five directions than the previous generation camcorder, with approx. 40% less noise and twice as effective 2ch stereo (for XAVC S shooting) and three times as effective Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround (for AVCHD shooting) sound performance. This makes it possible to faithfully reproduce audio with clearly defined separation.
- High Speed Full HD Recording
- Shoot in 1080p at 120 fps and bring it into your editing software to produce high-resolution slow-motion footage. This is useful for reviewing, in greater slow-motion detail, sports and everyday action that can occur too quickly in real time for you to see clearly.