About this product
- 4K HDR Video Recording
- 1"-Type Stacked CMOS Sensor
- Bionz X Image Processor
- 273-Point Phase Detection Autofocus
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens
- 12x Optical Zoom & 18x Clear Image Zoom
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- 0.39" OLED EVF / 3.5" XtraFine LCD
- High-Speed 120 fps Recording
- S-Log and S-Gamut Picture Profiles
4K and HDR are now available in an easy-to-use camcorder format with theSony FDR-AX700 4K Camcorder. Using the HLG format, HDR (High Dynamic Range) images can be recorded and processed for playback on HDR screens. Compared to SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) formats, HDR offers increased color and contrast representation that is immediately noticeable. Dual SD card slots, an LCD and viewfinder, manual controls, a 12x zoom range, and a comfortable form factor make the AX700 an all-around camera for anything from family events to professional filmmaking and videography.
4K recording has made focusing more difficult. Missed focus becomes exponentially more obvious with the increase in resolution over HD formats. Sony's phase detection autofocus uses 273 points to lock onto and track subjects as they move through the frame. Focus speed and tracking can be adjusted to fit your project. So, whether you're tracking fast-moving vehicles or actors moving through the frame, the AX700 will be able to keep up and maintain sharp focus.
For more advanced users, Sony included S-Log2 and S-Log3 picture profiles alongside their S-Gamut color space. Enabling this functionality grants you greater control over the final image through post-production processing.
- 4K HDR Video Recording
- Recording in HDR using Hybrid-Log Gamma (HLG) enables you to record and display wider ranges of exposure and color than normally available in SDR media. Without extra processing, HDR recordings can be enjoyed by simply connecting the camera to an HLG-compatible Sony TV using a USB cable.
- XAVC S Recording Format
- The XAVC S format is used for 4K and HD recording. Bit rates of up to 100 Mbps for 4K, and 50 Mbps for Full HD recording, ensure detailed video with minimal compression noise. 100 Mbps recording is also available at 120 fps in Full HD, so high-quality slow-motion sequences can be created during post-processing.
- Proxy Recording
- Speed up your editing and delivery with the option of onboard proxy recording. Lower-resolution proxy files are captured alongside full-resolution 4K video, for easy sharing and online collaboration, as well as more efficient editing on under-powered computers. When you're ready, simply substitute the proxy files with the full-resolution ones to finalize your video.
- Slow and Quick Motion
- Enjoy creative ways to express time's passage. The Super Slow Motion and Slow & Quick Motion let you capture motion in the blink of an eye, at up to 960 fps in NTSC or 1000 fps in PAL (40x super slow motion), or in compelling time-lapse sequences, captured at 1 fps for playback at up to 60x natural speed.
- S-Gamut and S-Log Picture Profiles
- S-Gamut and S-Log shooting gives you more flexibility to custom-tailor your images by performing color grading in post-production. S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma provide wide dynamic range shooting (1300%), to minimize blown highlights and crushed blacks.
While exposure may be more difficult to judge off the LCD and EVF, exposure zebras are available, indicating areas of overexposure using clear stripes on the image preview. An adjustable level lets you accurately dial in the ideal exposure for everything from skin tones to sunlit landscapes.
- Timecode / User Bit
- For professional workflows and multicamera editing requirements, standard SMPTE Timecode and User Bit can be included with your recordings. With embedded timecode, synchronizing multiple cameras for editing is incredibly simple, while custom eight-digit User Bit codes allow fast indexing and media management on larger projects.