We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
- 4K Ultra HD 24/25p & 16.6MP Stills
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 26.8mm Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Zoom Lens
- 20x Optical Zoom & 40x Clear Image Zoom
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- High Speed 100 fps Recording
- 3.0" LCD Touchscreen / 0.24" Color EVF
- Built-In Projector
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Microphone
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
The Sony 64GB FDR-AXP55 4K Handycam with Built-In Projector is a palm-sized Handycam camcorder that combines a Zeiss 20x optical zoom lens and a high-sensitivity image sensor to produce crisp and high-quality UHD 4K or HD video. This is the 50 Hz version of the camcorder which is compatible with European broadcast standards and is not compatible with NTSC equipment. The Exmor R CMOS image sensor supports UHD 4K video capture at 24 or 25 fps using Sony's XAVC S codec and features pixels that are approximately 1.6x larger than the previous model for enhanced performance in all conditions, particularly low-light scenarios. The camcorder also features Sony's Balance Optical SteadyShot image stabilization technology to help produce smooth and stable footage throughout the zoom range. Further enhancements include improved autofocus speed and accuracy, a lower-noise built-in microphone, and a high-speed 1080p 100 fps recording mode to create high-resolution slow-motion content.
The camcorder's 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD touchscreen display with 921K dot resolution, or the high-resolution 0.24" 1,555K dot OLED EVF provide for monitoring while shooting. For large-screen playback, you can project directly from the camcorder via the built-in projector. An HDMI output port is also provided for connecting to your HDTV to large-screen monitor. You can even 'trim' a selected portion of a 4K video or image frame to fill the screen with Full HD quality. For enhanced connectivity and remote control, the FDR-AXP55 is Wi-Fi and NFC enabled. This lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camcorder, as well as wirelessly transfer files to your mobile device and even stream live to Ustream.
Designed for a wide range of users, the camcorder features a variety of automatic image and audio options for easy point-and-shoot operation, as well as enhanced manual controls that give you more creative freedom. An assignable ring on the front of the camcorder can be assigned to control of zoom, focus, exposure, iris, shutter speed, exposure, or white balance. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack is included for powering the camcorder, along with an AC adapter, micro-HDMI cable, and micro-USB cable.
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- A newly developed image sensor, with pixels of approximately 1.6 times larger than previous models, offers enhanced sensitivity for capturing high-quality images with less noise under dark as well as bright shooting conditions.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens with 20x Optical Zoom
- The FDR-AXP55 comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 26.8mm (in movie mode) to fit more into your shots and a 20x optical zoom range. Multi-layer Zeiss T* coating further enhances image quality by reducing unwanted reflection, such as ghost and flare. To get you closer to the action, the zoom range can be extended using Clear Image Zoom of 30x/40x (4K/HD) using Clear Image zoom.
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Advanced image stabilization suppresses camera shake to stabilize footage as it is being shot and works throughout the zoom range. In HD shooting mode, it further reduces effects of camera shake even under unstable conditions with 5-axis Intelligent Active mode compensating for vibration in five different directions, so you can shoot stable high-quality movies even while running.
- Built-In 50 Lumen Projector
- The built-in projector features a maximum 50 lumen output and screen coverage of up to 200" diagonal. Project your footage directly from the camera to view your day's shooting, or share memories without crowding everyone around the LCD screen. The micro-HDMI input allows you to connect external devices that have an HDMI output and use the camcorder's projector to display content.
- 64GB of Built-In Memory
- You can capture to the 64GB of internal flash memory, and later transfer your footage to your computer for editing. This allows you to shoot without requiring that you obtain an optional media card.
- Fast Intelligent AF
- Fast Intelligent AF achieves very speedy, accurate contrast-detection autofocus by minimizing lens motion, predicting the AF range, and accelerating lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture more fleeting moments.