About this product
Applauded as the "DREAM TELESCOPE"by SkyNews magazine.
Patented dual encoder system allows you to move manually without losing alignment.
Dobsonians are so elegantly simple that absolute beginners can use them with great results and yet their performance can satisfy the most demanding amateur astronomers.
Now the new Skyliner Flex Tube 250 Pro Collapsible Dobsonian offers easier portability with it's novel truss tube design, plus full GOTO and sidereal tracking.
It can operate in Auto tracking only mode where the user finds the object by manual or motorised slewing and then the scope tracks it without a 2 star set up, OR full 2 star set up GOTO mode with tracking. There are 2 handsets supplied, one for each mode.
Conventional 2 star alignment for goto using Sky-Watcher SynScan (TM) AZ Version 3.07; choice of 2 methods, you select the stars or it selects brighest stars if you dont know star names.In the first method you use a combination of manual and motorised slewing to the first star and motorised slewing to the second star. In the brightest star method you select sky segments and all slewing is motorised
- 42900 object library.
- Simple North/South and level alignment, (no star) for autotracking only. Jupiter image was obtained with this alignment using a DMK21 imager on the 12" model.
- Superb 10" F5 Parabolic mirror with 2 eyepieces:
- Super Plossl 1.25" diameter eyepieces, 25mm 10mm
- Crayford style SLR camera T2 mount ready 2"/1.25" focuser.
- Ultra thin secondary support arms
- 9x50 achromatic in line finder scope
- Battery case to hold 8 size C batteries.
- Two year warranty.
Accessories in the Box:
- SynScan hand controller with cables
- 12V power cable with lighter socket plug
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 25mm (48x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (120x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- User Manual
The service from Jacobs Digital was exceptional! The item was well boxed and arrived in a couple of days. The 250p is a really good piece of kit. There are a few exceptions, but the end result is breath taking. The scope is manageable by a single person. The Goto is good and the optics are crystal clear. I got rid of the secondary adjustment grub screws as they are a ****** idea from a manufacturer trying to reduce costs. Trying to adjust screws with an allen key while watching the mirror alignment is not simple. Bobs Knobs are the answer. I would recommend retailers replace these prior to selling even if they have to put the price up a bit. I would also recommend a shroud as there is the danger of dropping eyepieces etc into the tube if you are not very careful. The other thing I do not like is the manual movement of the scope. If I want a quick look around the sky without setting up the battery, there is no clutches to adjust the pressure and trying to move the scope by hand is frustrating due to friction. The pressure required in moving it seems to either undershoot or overshoot the target. Using the Keypad on the handset is really the only option for final adjustment. The 250p has built in WIFI, so you can use your phone and a Synscan app to control the scope, This works great and also has the advantage of diagonal arrow keys, and the functions built into the app almost make the hand set redundant (you have to use either the App, or the hand-set, you can not have both together). If you are looking for a scope that gives great views and don't mind using the Goto function as the primary mode of moving, you can not go past this scope.