About this product
The Konus Biorex 3 Microscope with Infinity-Adjusted Objectives offers students and laboratory users a highly functional, well-constructed 1000x binocular microscope with the highest possible resolution and focusing range.It has a 360ø revolving binocular head set at a 45ø angle to the base, with interpupillary adjustment as well.The view can easily be shared amongst users very quickly, without losing focus or center point.It is supplied with 10x eyepieces and a quartet of achromatic plan objectives (4x, 10x, 40x, and 100x) for 1000x maximum magnification.These objectives are plan focus, meaning that they project an image which retains focus over a flat field that makes up 80-85% of the entire image area-you can simultaneously observe many details in sharp focus without having to manipulate the focus point.
As a trinocular version of the Biorex series, this model has a 3rd optical path in addition to the normal binocular viewing, and this path is typically used for photomicrography or for displaying the image live to a screen for teaching purposes.
The Biorex 3's double focusing speeds and large geared stage make finding and observing your specimen simple.The Biorex 3 has an extensive system of accessories, such as photo adapters, viewing filters, and a 60x objective or 15x eyepieces.A filter holder and a blue filter are standard equipment.
Konus makes the Biorex 3 functional in any voltage regulation worldwide, and the instruction booklet provides descriptions in multiple languages.
Being the infinity-adjusted version of the Biorex 3, this model's objectives project an image focused to infinity and the observing tube contains the corrections necessary to bring about focus.Conventional design places an 'intermediary image' in an 'intermediary image plane' usually 160mm behind objectives, with eyepieces magnifying the intermediary image.This change reduces optical aberrations in the objectives, producing sharper imagery across a longer focusing range.
Since light leaves the objective lens as a parallel region of waves instead of a triangular cone, corrections for focusing behind the objective don't detract from image sharpness as do conventional systems.Use of fluorescent light and polarizing filters gives results that are leagues apart from normal design.Infinity-adjusted objectives are the hallmark of the modern professional microscopes, and optically are far more costly to manufacture.
- Objectives adjusted to infinity focus, with optical tube behind objectives creating focus for observer
- Superior sharpness and optical correction vs. regular systems
- Sharpness advantages displayed across enormous focusing range
- High-quality hard coatings upon optical surfaces
- 45ø Angled binocular viewing with 360ø revolving base
- Separate 3rd optical path for general photomicrography
- Simultaneous viewing and display to computer/projector/television screen possible
- Infinity-adjusted plan 4x, 10x, 40x, & 100x objectives (flat field focus)
- 10x-power, 18mm field diameter eyepieces
- Large (132mm x 140mm) mechanical stage with geared low position coaxial control
- Filter holder and blue filter included (other filters available optionally)
- Dual coarse/fine movement focusing
- 20W Halogen illumination with brightness adjustment
- 1.25 NA Abbe condenser with iris diaphragm
- Universal voltage capacity works worldwide
|Eyepiece||10x (DIN standard)|
|Objective(s)||4x, 10x, 40x, & 100x (infinity-adjusted plan)|
|Focuser||Dual-axis geared rack & pinion|
|Light Source||20W halogen lamp with brightness control|
|Light Control||Achromatic condenser with iris diaphragm|
|Specimen Stage||132 x 140mm with geared movement|
|Dimensions||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Package Weight||18.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||17.8 x 14.2 x 9.2"|