We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Breaking into a triple-digit aperture this mid-range model in the series, the Meade StarPro 102mm f/6.5 Achro AZ Refractor Telescope extends its reach so astronomers new to the hobby can enjoy detailed views of the moon's surface, see the rings of Saturn, the Martian polar ice caps, the striped bands of Jupiter, plus bright deep sky objects like binary stars, globular clusters, and galaxies. Meade also includes a variety of accessories that can allow you to use the StarPro as a conventional spotting scope to view Earthbound subjects as well.
Its manual alt-azimuth mount has slow-motion controls for precise positioning and tracking, with a sturdy aluminum tripod that can be used by a wide variety of users—from tall to small. Three eyepieces provide 25x, 73x, and 105x magnifications with a 2x Barlow lens that doubles the magnification of each eyepiece for a wider range of observing possibilities. A 90° diagonal not only places your head in a comfortable viewing position, but its integrated erecting prism corrects the view for terrestrial use. Meade also includes a smartphone adapter that allows you to capture photos and video through the eyepiece to enjoy, share, and like. With its short optical tube the StarPro is extremely portable and at just under 11 pounds the entire telescope rig is easy to handle by astronomers of all ages.
- Optical Tube Assembly Performance
- Large 102mm aperture is ideal for observing the moon, planets—such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn— bright deep sky objects like binary stars and galaxies, and all kinds of Earth-bound subjects
- Short 660mm focal length produces a moderate magnification potential
- Fast f/6.5 focal ratio makes this an ideal telescope for capturing photos using the included smartphone adapter since images will be bright even at short exposure times
- Anti-reflection fully coated optics improve light transmission, color representation, and contrast
- Sturdy 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser is able to carry the eyepieces and smartphone in the included adapter without flexing
- Optical tube, tripod, and mount weigh just under 11 pounds fully assembled for easy use and handling
- Mount and Tripod
- Manual alt-az mount
- Single fork-arm design reduces weight without sacrificing stability
- Control cables with large knurled knobs enable precision positioning and tracking
- Popular Vixen-style dovetail plate allows the OTA to be used on other mount heads
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle accepts any small OTA outfitted with a compatible plate
- Aluminum tripod with accessory tray
- Adjustable height accommodates a wide variety of users and viewing positions
- Included Accessories
Smartphone digiscoping adapter:
- Fits most popular smartphones up to 3.25" wide and 0.5" tall
- Allows you to take pictures and video through telescope eyepiece
- Fully adjustable for any camera lens placement
- Knurled adjustment knobs
- Locking eyepiece thumbscrews
- For eyepieces with removable eyecups
- 1.25" diameter barrels
- Fold-down rubber eyecups
- Accept most standard filters and accessories
- 26mm eyepiece yields a low 25x magnification to maximize field of view for easier navigation
- 9mm eyepiece yields a moderate 73x magnification, making it ideal for lunar and planetary use
- 6.3mm eyepiece produces high 105x power for detailed observations
- 2x power doubles the magnification of each eyepiece without affecting eye relief for easier viewing at high magnifications
- 1.25" nosepiece and holder
- 1.25" nosepiece and holder make it compatible with the most popular size eyepieces and accessories
- 90° angle places head in comfortable viewing position, especially when scope is aimed high overhead
- Erect-image prism corrects image horizontally and vertically for using scope as a conventional spotting scope
- Red dot is easy to see at night
- Unmagnified view makes finding subjects fast and tracking moving subjects easy
- Mounting bracket included