About this product
About this Product
- The 40mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece is ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric
- Eyepiece offers a 43-deg apparent field of view for clear, sharp images of impressively high contrast
- Multi-coated optics wfor excellent light transmission
- Superb 40mm focal length eyepiece excels at wide-field surveying and detailed observations of large diffuse subjects
- Threaded for use with all Orion 1.25" eyepiece filters
Offering a wide 43ø apparent field of view, this 40mm Orion Sirius Plossl Telescope Eyepiece provides extremely sharp images of impressively high contrast. It's ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric. The Plossl 4-element design is renowned for its outstanding performance, and has become the standard by which all other telescope eyepieces are judged.
The Sirius Plossl optical system is multi-coated for excellent light transmission and bright views. Lens edges are blackened to reduce scattering of stray light and maximize contrast.
The lenses are mounted in black-anodized aluminum housings with a 1.25"-diameter chrome-plated brass barrel for durability and precision fit. The barrel is internally threaded to accept standard telescope filters. The built-in rubber eyeguard enhances viewing by helping to block out ambient light and position the eye.
This 40mm telescope eyepiece yields the largest-possible field of view in a 1.25" barrel. It's superb for wide-field scanning and detailed observations of large diffuse subjects. Largest exit pupil and highest possible brightness.