About this product
- Our highest resolution solar system imaging camera built around a 5-megapixel one-shot color sensor
- Orion-exclusive EZPlanCap software enables live video viewing and capture of hi-res images of solar system objects on your Mac or Windows computer
- Super-small 2.2 micron square pixel size makes the StarShoot 5 MP the ideal solution for capturing highly magnified exposures of the Moon, planets and Sun (with a proper solar filter)
- Fast capture rate of up to 51 FPS lets you catch fleeting moments of clear seeing for great solar system pictures
- Includes Orion-exclusive Mac and Windows software with useful Auto Dark Frame Removal tool
Our highest resolution solar system camera is an affordable solution for capturing images and viewing live video of our nearest neighbors in the night sky on your Windows or Mac computer!
The Orion StarShoot 5 MP Solar System Color Camera is built around a big, 5-megapixel (2592x1944) one-shot color imaging sensor which has super-small 2.2 x 2.2 micron pixels perfect for capturing highly magnified exposures of the Moon and planets.
The StarShoot 5 MP Camera's fast capture rate of up to 51 frames per second lets you record exposures of even the most fleeting moments of excellent seeing so you can stack them to create stunning astrophotos. You'll also appreciate the camera's fast frame rate when taking pictures of fast-paced events in the solar system like lunar occultations, transits, and eclipses. The StarShoot 5 MP Camera's exposure range of 0.001 second to 5 seconds 999 milliseconds, Progressive Scan functionality, and 8-bit A/D conversion will provide admirable results during every lunar or planetary astrophotography session.
The included Orion-exclusive EZPlanCap software is compatible with computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion or later. EZPlanCap features a useful Auto Dark Frame Removal tool to remove any hot pixels and noise from live-view images. This tool provides a much more pleasing live-view on your computer while you're in the field, and also cleans up the image data you capture for better quality images overall. You can choose to save your images in TIF, BMP, JPG, or PNG formats; and save video footage as AVI (Windows) or MOV (Mac).
With a wide selection of resolution settings (2592x1944, 1280x960, 640x480, 320x240 and 160x120) and binning modes (2x2, 4x4, 8x8 and 16x16), the StarShoot 5 MP Solar System Camera works well with telescopes of all sizes. The adjustable frame rate of up to 5.7 frames per second (FPS) at full 2592x1944 resolution and up to a whopping 51 FPS at 640x480 lets you get the most out of every evening and every target object. The camera's metal body features a 1.25" nosepiece which is threaded for use with 1.25" Orion filters and it lets you easily insert the StarShoot 5 MP Solar System Camera into any telescope's focuser. A built-in infrared cutoff filter (IR-Cut) helps optimize imaging results.
Get the affordable, feature-packed, high-resolution StarShoot 5 MP Solar System Camera today and start taking your very own snapshots of the Moon and planets that share the solar system we call home.