Sony Alpha SEL35F14Z Zeiss Distagon t* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA Lens
We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- One AA & Three Aspherical Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust- & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Nine-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Fast, sharp, and loaded with the latest technology, theDistagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA LensfromSonyoffers full-frame E-mount shooters a classic wide-angle focal length with excellent optical performance. Offering a maximum aperture of f/1.4, shooters will enjoy excellent performance in low-light conditions as well as the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field. Ensuring excellent imagery are three aspherical elements and one Advanced Aspherical (AA) element which combat aberrations. Along with this, the lens uses a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to effectively eliminate flare and ghosting to create a sharp, contrasty image.
Photographers and videographers will enjoy fast, responsive focusing due to the implementation of a direct drive Super Sonic wave AF Motor (SSM) and an internal focusing mechanism. There are tactile control options as well, including an AF/MF switch and a physical aperture ring, which can be de-clicked for smooth iris changes during video. Smooth bokeh is also a characteristic of this lens due to the use of a nine-blade circular diaphragm. And, the lens is dust and moisture resistant for use in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Based on the Zeiss Distagon optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in eight groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize vignetting and spherical aberrations.
- A wide-angle prime designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 35mm is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and two aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- A direct drive Super Sonic wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.