We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Sky-Watcher Star Explorer 127mm Maksutov Cassegrain
The Sky-Watcher 127/1500 Star Explorer is a fully automatic telescope ideal for beginners and those who want to get straight to observing. Aligning the mount takes mere minutes with the Bright Object alignment mode, and the computerised SynScan system is the ultimate upgrade that allows automatic pointing and tracking of more than 42,000 object in the sky! This means less time spent finding a faint nebula or a distant planet and more time to enjoy observing. Astronomy has never been so easy!
The Maksutov-Cassegrain is a compact and powerful optical design that combines a front meniscus lens and two mirrors. The optical tube is closed by the front meniscus, keeping the mirrors protected from atmospheric agents such as humidity, dust and pollution. The tube is short but the focal length is long allowing high magnification with the standard eyepieces. With maximum practical magnification of 256x , this Sky-Watcher Telescope will reveal details in Saturns rings, Jupiters bands, the Martian polar ice caps, and the phases of Venus and the moon.
Star Explorer Mount Features:
- SynScan Database with 42,900+ Objects
- Two Star or Brightest Star Alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement Feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification Feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Compatible with Vixen Style Bars
- Power Requirement: 12V DC of AA Batteries (not supplied)
In the Box:
- 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Star Explorer AZ Go-To Mount
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- SynScan Hand Control
- PC Connection Cord (serial port)
- Eyepiece Super 25mm (60x) & Super 10mm (530x) 1.25 Barrel
- 90ø Star Diagonal 1.25 Barrel
- 630 Finderscope
- Battery Pack for AA batteries
|Stellar Limit Magnitude||12.5|
|Highest Practical Magnification||254X|
|Light gathering power (compared to the unaided eye)||329|
|Recommended Usage||Viewing Moon and Planets
Deep Sky Observation
- User Manual
Very nice piece of equipment with useful accessories included. The usual excellent help from Jacobs getting the telescope for me. Thank you