We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Special order item. Please enquire regarding delivery.
Sky-Watcher brings to you the ultimate DOB experience with the StarGate 18 Dobsonian! Given its remarkable light gathering power, you will be able to catch the most subtle night sky features with your naked eyes. The sturdy giant is reasonably light (110Lb) despite its dimensions, and being easily assembled (30-minute setup time), the whole scope boasts remarkable transportability. If you have the appetite for exceptional planetary and deep space observation, then don't miss out on this high quality Newtonian system.
PARABOLIC PRIMARY MIRRORS
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope. ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.
- The new Sky-Watcher StarGate 450p Dobsonian with its huge 18" aperture provides the ultimate WOW! factor for visual astronomy enthusiasts.
- Features a newly developed mirror with the glass ribs fused together in an oven, not glued.
- The elegant and rigid all metal truss-tube design is easily transportable when unassembled and can be assembled ready for use in less than 20 minutes.
- The mount provides smooth manual operation in both Alt and Azimuth axes.
- Delivers outstanding performance on Planetary and Deep-Sky targets.
- Includes a cloth light shroud with supporting ribs.
Optical Design Newtonian Reflector
- Diameter 458 mm (18 in)
- Focal Length 1900 mm (74.8 in)
- F/Ratio 4
- Highest Practical Power 914 x
- Finder Scope 8x50 finder scope
- Focuser Diameter 2" crayford dual-speed
- Eye Piece LET 2"-28; SPL10
- Weight: 50kg
- Shipping Dimensions 79x76x36cm3; 71x70x44cm3; 81x75x28cm3; 107x50x28cm3
*Special Order item, please contact us for delivery time*
Accessories in the Box:
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 2″ LET 28mm (68x) – apparent field of view 56°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (190x) – apparent field of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- Collimation Eyepiece
- User Manual