We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Lightweight and exceptionally compact, the silver E 16mm f/2.8 Lens from Sony is a suitable travel companion. Providing a 24mm equivalent focal length when mounted to your APS-C-format E-mount camera, this lens will allow photographers to capture wide landscapes and work in tight spaces with ease. It offers a fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 for operating in low-light conditions and it incorporates one aspherical element to combat various aberrations that may occur. Also, it has a fast and silent motor for autofocus in stills and video modes and features an internal focus design that ensures maximum performance. A seven-blade circular diaphragm is implemented as well for smooth bokeh. Additionally, it can accept optional ultra-wide and fisheye converters for getting 18mm and 15mm equivalent perspectives.
- With its pancake design, the lens only extends 0.9" from the mount, resulting in a compact and lightweight camera system.
- Designed for use on APS-C format cameras, this 16mm lens will provide a wide-angle perspective with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm.
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture permits operation in less-than-ideal lighting situations and allows photographers to capture images with shallow depth of field.
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- The lens uses an internal focusing design that contributes to faster autofocus performance as well as a minimum focus distance of 9.4".
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- This lens is compatible with optical wide-angle and fisheye conversion lenses, which, when used, will convert this lens into an 18mm or 15mm lens, respectively.