XP G-MAXX II with 27cm coil & Headphones Metal Detector
About this product
G-Maxx 2 by XP, the versatile detector for all situations, Treasure & Gold!
Thanks to its 4.6 kHz search frequency, the G-Maxx II is a powerful and versatile detector for coins and significant objects in various types of ground.
An important flexibility in the set up allows you to fit in with the ground you wish prospect, thanks to the Multi-Tones mode, the IRON LEVEL and the new IRON THRESHOLD adjustments.
- 9” coil made with carbon fibre including a newly designed coil cover
- Very damage resistant cable, conceived to resist to movements constraints
- Light and robust ABS electronic box . For a maximum comfort, the box is worn hip mounted (Hipmount bag provided). It can also be fixed under the armrest.
- Light detector and perfectly balanced
- 3 parts shaft with twin locking collar system
- Fibreglass lower stem
- New versatile hipmount bag doubling as a control box cover, keeping the weight off your arm.
The detector comes with a wide scan search head (Double D) and because this coil geometry allows a better grounds penetration.
You will appreciate the sturdiness and the manufacturing quality of the Gmaxx. Because a metal detector is generally used in extreme conditions full attention to the most sensitive parts has been given. The G-Maxx is being manufactured to last a lifetime using only the best materials available.
This detector profits from a completely new electronic circuit, having new functions such as :
- Wireless headphone support (not included, comes with a corded model) : the transmitter is now integrated on the circuit boards of these four new detectors. It has been designed with two switchable channels. A FREQ SHIFT switch on the front of the detectors enables the two output channels to be toggled quickly and easily: CH 1 or CH 2.
- Changing frequency : a new switch (FREQ SHIFT) enables the detection frequency (Freq. 1 or Freq. 2) to be set to reduce any interference from other XP devices being used nearby.
- New analogical filters improving the detection of targets in iron infested areas. The masking circle generated by the iron is greatly reduced. Targets of interest in iron infested areas can therefore be detected more easily, thus enabling sweeping operations to be carried out more quickly.
- We have also improved the gradation of the sensitivity settings, which are now far more precise. We have “zoomed in” on the range of sensitivity settings, enabling greater fine-tuning in your adjustments giving you the easiest possible sensitivity adjustments.
- The G-Maxx II is still a “multi-tone” detector, but user can now adjust the iron level setting by using the IRON THRESHOLD potentiometer. This potentiometer can be viewed as a detection setting with a range only covering iron. It has fine-tuning settings ranging from 0 to 20.
At 0, all iron sounds at medium pitch. The higher the setting, the lower the pitch for detected iron.
This, for example, enables small nails just to be picked up at a low pitch, whereas larger ones will be detected at medium pitch. As you will doubtless already know, too high a level of discrimination can hinder the performance of a detector.
This setting was previously preset at a level suited to the majority of users in the earlier models but most of the time, beginners do not want iron to register on their machines, whereas more advanced users prefer to have this option to make it easier to detect targets on difficult terrain.
- Frequency : 4.6 Khz.
- Mode : Motion
- Multi-tone discrimination in ALL METAL mode
- Microprocessor analysis of signals
- Volume control for low Tone (iron volume)
- New fine-tuning using “IRON THRESHOLD” allows you to identify iron as a low tone very precisely, giving YOU control
- I Ground Balance : adjustable
- SILENCER switch : 3 position to limit iron false signals
- Wireless headphone transmitter (new 2 channel version) already built into the circuit boards of these four new detectors.
- New FREQ SHIFT switch on the front of the detectors to reduce any interference from other XP machines being used nearby.
– Change the channel of the Wireless headphone (ch1/ch2)
– Change the frequency of the detector (Freq 1/ Freq 2)
- Improved graduation of the sensitivity settings
- New powerful, entirely reworked circuit board, combining performance together with higher sensitivity to winkle out the ‘goodies’.
- Faster recovery than previous models enabling you to find deeper targets near iron.
- Power : 8 Alkaline batteries 1.5Volts AA or rechargeable NiMh pack. (not included)
- Battery life : Alkaline 45 hours ( 2300 mAh NiMh)
- Battery low alert
- Coil cover, backphone FX-01 and Hipmount bag provided