Refund and Exchange Policy
This Policy is applicable to purchases made online from www.jacobsdigital.co.nz. For returns bought in-store, please come in with the product and your receipt.
Change of Mind
We understand shopping online can be difficult. That's why we offer a no questions asked 14 day exchange policy! Goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition. You will be offered an exchange or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase. We do not offer cash refunds.
Please note: Items purchased on finance or layby can not be exchanged for a gift card.
We offer a 60 day exchange policy for most binoculars. If you are not satisified with your binocular you may exchange them for a binocular of equal or greater value. All binoculars returned have to be in brand new mint condition, have all original manufacturer’s packaging, materials, and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
Metal Detector Policy
When you return a metal detector it must be unopened and unused. If we see any damage to the metal detector or if we think that the metal detector has been used before you return it, we will not accept a return.
Consumer Guarantees Act
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (‘CGA’), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods [and services] you buy.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
- A guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are: fit for the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied.
- Free from minor defects.
- Durable and acceptable in appearance and finish.
- A guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you, or for which we represent that they are or will be fit.
- A guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied; and a guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample or demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such sample or model.
If the goods (or services) we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer directly.
The CGA does not apply where the goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods; and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they had not been used in the manner or to that extent.
If the goods (or services) we supply do not comply with a consumer guarantee, but can be remedied within a reasonable time, we will either repair the goods or replace the goods with goods of identical type. If we cannot repair or replace the goods within a reasonable time (8 weeks maximum), we will provide you with a refund of the purchase price.
A ‘major failure’ is where the failure in the goods cannot be repaired or cannot be repaired within a reasonable time (8 weeks maximum), or where the failure constitutes a ‘failure of substantial character’ as set out by section 21 of the CGA.
If a failure amounts to a major failure, you are entitled to return the goods and choose to have a replacement of the returned goods or a refund. Alternatively, you may elect to retain the goods and obtain compensation for the reduction in value of the goods.
Where you choose a replacement, we will where available, provide goods of the same type and similar value to the returned goods.
Shipping and Return Costs
By buying online, the buyer agrees, that any shipping costs to return the original goods to Jacobs Digital is the buyers responsibility. If on examination of goods returned to Jacobs Digital, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, Jacobs Digital may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
Please note that goods must be returned within a reasonable time frame and you may be asked to demonstrate that you have purchased the goods from Jacobs Digital (contact details verification / proof of purchase) and that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
Refunds & Exchanges
- Refunds will be issued at the discretion of Jacobs Digital.
- Refunds will normally be processed within seven (7) days.
- All Change of Mind returns incur a 10% fee (of the total value of the item) restocking fee. This is called a 'restocking' fee. (This fee is minimal and covers our costs such as Merchant Credit Card fees, admin fees, warehouse fees and re-stocking fees).
- Shipping costs for returned merchandise & exchanges is the buyer's responsibility.
- Items must be returned in a new condition.
- All returns must be returned within a timely manner.
Note: We can not refund a product that has had the warranty card filled out in any way shape or form.
If you have an issue relating to your order, please immediately contact Jacobs Digital. Please have your order number with you. We will work with you to resolve any issues you face. This returns policy is not intended to exclude or limit any rights which you may have as a consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, and may not necessarily describe all rights you may have.