We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 2-3 days for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
The black edition of Zeiss Optics' 8x42 Terra ED Binocular features a redesigned ergonomic chassis that makes holding them more comfortable, especially during long glassing sessions. Optically, they retain the exceptional elements that are the hallmarks of the Terra ED including compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms, SCHOTT extra low-dispersion (ED) glass, and the proprietary multi-coatings. These complementary technologies and elements work together to produce an immersive observational experience that presents clear and bright views, with accurate color representation and virtually zero distortion, across the entire field of view. Adding to the binocular's usability is a short 5.25-foot close-focus distance that gives them the ability to resolve feathers or leaves in fine detail.
The comfortable ergonomic chassis is made of a fiberglass reinforced polycarbonate to help reduce weight, without sacrificing strength while adding impact and temperature resistance. Being resistant to temperature changes not only ensures that the housing will remain a constant temperature, even in cold and wet conditions, but will not experience the expansion and contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optical elements to move out of alignment over time and preventing the binocular's ability to achieve sharp focus. The chassis is covered in a black rubber armouring that helps to protect it from drops and impacts, and provides a slip-resistant grip.
- Optical Performance
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Roof prism optical path
- The compact Schmidt-Pechan prism design corrects the view while allowing for thinner optical tubes versus the more common Abbe-Koenig design
- SCHOTT ED glass elements reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true color rendition without halos, diffraction, or distortion across the entire field of view
- Zeiss proprietary hydrophobic multi-coated optics sheds dust, dirt, and oils while improving light transmission, color rendition, sharpness, and contrast
- Short 5.25 foot close focus distance
- 375' field of view at 1000 yards
- Long 18mm eye relief
- Comfortable 5.25mm exit pupil
- Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration
- Large fast-focus center wheel
- 3 right-eye dioptric correction
- 58-75.5mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Construction Details
- Impact, corrosion and temperature-resistant fiberglass-reinforce polycarbonate housing
- Housing is lightweight to minimize neck strain and lighten optic without sacrificing strength
- Protective black rubber armor
- Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance
- Submersible to 100 mbar of pressure, or approximately 3' (1m)
- Operating Temperature 5 to 140øF (-15 to 60øC)
- Weight: 24.5 oz
|Objective Lens Diameter||42mm|
|Angle of View||7.0ø(actual)
|Field of View||367.5' @ 1000 yd / 122.5m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||5.2' / 1.6m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5.25mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||58.0 - 75.5mm / 2.3 - 3.0"|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 4.7"/14.0 x 11.9cm|
Blows me away every time I use it. I use these binoculars to identify individual birds (within one species) between each other. I can pick up such detail on each feather. They're not too heavy and work with incredible clarity even at a distance.
I haven't received them yet