We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 2-3 days for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Zeiss's black 10x42 Terra ED Binocular combines SCHOTT ED glass elements and a compact weather-sealed housing to create a multi-purpose optic that delivers the image quality and streamlined silhouette for birders and hunters seeking a budget-friendly set of glasses that do not sacrifice twilight performance or functionality. At the core of Terra ED are fully multicoated SCHOTT ED glass lenses designed to maximize light transmission and render contrast-rich images. They also boast the ability to focus down to less than 6 ft, allowing observers to get up close to the bird or other nearby subject of interest Thanks to a space-saving Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design and lightweight composite housing, this binocular weighs just a pound and a half.
Complementing the high-transmission optical path and modest form factor, the Terra ED has a nitrogen-filled housing that provides fogproof performance and has been tested to withstand submersion to a depth of approximately 3 ft. This water and fogproof performance, coupled with a broad operating temperature range, enables these binoculars to stand up to almost any outdoor observational situation. A textured center focus wheel and twist-up rubber eyecups supply additional handling features that enhance the overall ergonomics and help make it a full-featured binocular for close to mid-range use.
- Optical Performance
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms
- Schott Extra Low-Dispersion (ED) glass: Corrects chromatic aberration for true color rendition and improved contrast
- Proprietary Zeiss hydrophobic and anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- 60ø apparent viewing angle, 330ft (100m) field of view at 1000 yd
- 5.25 ft (1.6m) close focusing distance
- Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration for balanced handling
- Rapid focus center wheel with gripping ridges
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- 4 right eye dioptric correction, center adjustment wheel
- Interpupillary adjustment range: 56-74mm
- 14mm eye relief
- 4.2mm exit pupil
- Construction Details
- Protective rubber armor
- Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance
- Submersible to 100 mbar (approximately 3ft / 1m)
- -14 to 131øF (-26 to 55øC) operating temperature
- 25.4 oz (720g) weight
I’ve owned a pair of these binoculars for years and my new pair after breaking my old ones didn’t disappoint. Highly recommended from my personal experience.
Great buy for superb optics and ease of use