About this product
Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 Binoculars mark the peak in Kowa's line of roof prism binoculars. They are engineered for the utmost in performance, viewing quality, and durability. This optic is an optical luxury worth every penny as it easily holds its ground with other brands of premium sports optics.
These 10.5x44 binoculars mate Kowa's own Prominar ED glass to minimise chromatic aberration with C3 optical multi-coatings that allow an unheard-of 99% transmissivity of each element between 400 and 700nm, a feature that is very helpful when spotting birds. Most other units competing in the Genesis' range average 95%, and, as such, the Genesis series binoculars certainly stand out from the crowd.
All Genesis series binoculars feature a lightweight, yet extremely rugged magnesium frame that is the foundation of the waterproof and fogproof body. Optically, the unit can focus down to an amazing 5.5' and the boost in objective lens size from a more common 42mm to 44mm provides a clear view that is 10% brighter. Internal focusing aids in keeping the overall operating size from becoming unwieldy.
- Prominar ED optical elements
- High-contrast view roof prism provided by excellent refractivity and accented by phase coating - very sharp
- C3 coating process enhances reflectivity and minimized light loss
- Dioptric adjustment ring is unobtrusive and lockable
- Twist-up eyecups are convenient for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike
- 5.5' Minimum focus