Orion 1.25" Variable Universal Camera Adapter
About this product
The Orion 1.25" Variable Universal Camera Adapters allow attachment of a camera body to reflector and refractor telescopes for either prime-focus or telescope eyepiece-projection photography (hence the term "universal"). The adapter's 1.25" nosepiece slides into the telescope's eyepiece holder just like an eyepiece.
This Variable Universal Camera Adapter is composed of two detachable parts: a prime-focus adapter (or "T-adapter") for prime-focus photography, and a fixed-length or variable extension tube for eyepiece-projection photography. A thumbscrew in the extension tube holds the telescope eyepiece in place. Since the Variable Universal Camera Adapter features an inside diameter of 38.3mm, you can insert any 1.25" telescope eyepiece that has an outer housing diameter of 38.3mm or less
This combination of prime-focus and eyepiece-projection camera adapter has a sliding barrel design that allows variable projection distances. This allows for slight changes in magnification without swapping telescope eyepieces when performing eyepiece-projection photography. Fits reflector and refractor telescopes with 1.25" eyepiece holders.
The 1.25" Orion Variable-Power Universal Camera Adapter is made of black-anodized aluminum and is compatible with 1.25" telescope focusers and many 1.25" telescope eyepieces (some eyepieces have housing diameters that are too large to fit inside the adapter). The 1.25" barrel of the adapter is threaded for use with 1.25" eyepiece filters. A T-ring for your specific camera model (sold separately) is required to couple your camera body to the adapter.
- Adjustable length adapter lets you attach a T-ring equipped DSLR or SLR camera directly to your telescope
- Useful for either prime-focus or eyepiece-projection astrophotography with refractors or reflector telescopes
- Slides into 1.25" telescope focuser or 2" focuser with step-down adapter; has T-threads for attachment of camera body
- Allows you to vary the magnification without changing the inserted eyepiece when performing eyepiece projection astrophotography
- Requires T-ring to fit your brand of camera (T-rings sold separately)