About this product
- Collapsible Dobsonian with 3-Points Tube Locking System
- No Disassembling or Collimation is required between uses
- Dobson Wooden Mount with Accessory Tray
- Diffraction Limited Parabolic Mirror
- Ultra Thin Secondary Mirror Support (only 0.50 mm)
- Backed by 5 Years Sky-Watcher Limited Warranty
Sky-Watcher 8 Collapsible Computerised Dobsonian Telescope
The Ultimate Light Gatherer
The Sky-Watcher Collapsible Go-To Dobsonian combines the great light gathering of the Dobson telescope with the convenience of the computerised system SynScan. Once the telescope is aligned, the Go-To system allows the user to slew the telescope toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 celestial objects in its memory, allowing for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects so even the inexperienced astronomer can easily observe faint objects with a touch of a button.
The patented collapsible system is the ultimate in technology and portability and is ready for night sky action in seconds; the spring loaded system enables easy, single handed extension of the tube.
The Freedom Find technology (dual-encoder) allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes, but without losing any of the pre-set alignment.
To top it off, the Sky-Watcher Collapsible Dobsonians are equipped with a 2 Crayford focuser and focuser locking screw.
Accessories in the Box:
- SynScan hand controller with cables
- 12V power cable with lighter socket plug
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 1.25 Super Plossl 25mm (48x) apparent filed of view 52ø
- Eyepiece 1.25 Super Plossl 10mm (120x) apparent filed of view 52ø
- Eyepiece adapter from 2 to 1.25 with M42 thread
- 2 tube extension
- User Manual
|Optical Design||Newtonian (parabolic primary mirror)|
|Secondary mirror diameter||46.8mm|
|Stellar Limit Magnitude||14.6|
|Highest Practical Magnification||400X|
|Light gathering power (compare to the unaided eye)||816X|
|Focuser||2 Crayford with 1.25 adaptor|
|Telescope tube length||835mm-1110mm|
|Telescope tube weight||10.3kg|