- 9.25" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Built in GPS for better alignment.
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||59 x|
|Finderscope||8x50 Finderscope with quick release bracket|
|Mount Type||Dual Fork Arm|
|Accessory Tray||Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder|
|Tripod||Heavy Duty Steel Adjustable|
|Power Requirements||Car battery adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127 x|
|Apparent Field of View||0.7 ø|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||38 ft (12 m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.35 in (85 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36 %|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT Coating|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||58 lbs (26 kg)|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Permanently Programmable|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|GPS||Internal 16 channel|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
Jacobs Photo & Digital offer two finance options.
Buy what you want today, pay for it in four instalments, interest-free up to $1000 with Afterpay. (Note: if you are a first time Afterpay user, the total order amount is capped at $500) To use Afterpay please checkout using the website like normal and select "Afterpay" as the payment option. It's that easy. For orders over $1000, please apply for a Harmoney loan.
Get a free no-obligation quote for your loan with Harmoney today. With Harmoney's 100% online process you can apply now and have your loan approved within 24 hours. Harmoney assigns a personalised interest rate based on your personal circumstances, so you pay your rate based on your circumstances, not everyone else's.Start my loan
We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 2-3 working days for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please leave a note on your order or email us prior to pickup.
For orders within the North Island allow 2 working days, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.