The 42 HD-PLUS binoculars are almost as Compact, as the 32 mm models, allowing comfortable and ergonomic handling and a steady grip. Yet they provide light gathering capabilities close to the 50 mm model and thanks to new coating methods and special HT Glass from Schott they guarantee improved light transmission and therefore brighter images and an even wider spectrum of contrast. The Leica Ultravid 42 HD-Plus is available with a magnification factor of 7x, 8x or 10x.
- SCHOTT HT Glass
- Phase-Corrected Roof Prisms
- HDC and AquaDura Lens Coatings
- 63ø Wide Angle Viewing
- Nitrogen-Filled, Water/Fogproof
- Magnesium Alloy Chassis
- Protective Rubber Armor
- Center Focusing
- Tripod Mountable
- Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecups
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lens diameter
- Compact, roof prism optical path
- High-quality SCHOTT HT glass increases light transmission, especially in blue-violet band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance
- P40 and the proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings
- High temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Phase corrected prisms reduce chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition
- Scratch and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lens protects surfaces and causes water and oil to bead off lenses for easier cleaning and clearer vision in bad weather
Use and Handling
- Lubricant free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- 4 right-eye dioptric correction
- Locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Twist-out 2-stage click-stop eyecups
- Flip-down tethered objective lens caps
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and watertight to 16.5'/0.5 bar pressure
- Broad -13 to 131øF operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip
|Objective Lens Diameter||42 mm|
|Angle of View||6.3ø (actual)|
|Field-of-View||331.33' @ 1000 yd / 110 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.68' / 2.95 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||4.2 mm|
|Eye Relief||15.8 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||56 - 74 mm / 2.20 - 2.91"|
|Tripod Mount||Yes (Adapter Optional)|
|Dimensions||5.79 x 4.76 x 2.64"/14.7 x 12.1 x 6.7 cm|
|Weight||26.98 oz/765 g|
Jacobs Photo & Digital offer two finance options.
Buy what you want today, pay for it in four instalments, interest-free up to $1000 with Afterpay. (Note: if you are a first time Afterpay user, the total order amount is capped at $500) To use Afterpay please checkout using the website like normal and select "Afterpay" as the payment option. It's that easy. For orders over $1000, please apply for a Harmoney loan.
Get a free no-obligation quote for your loan with Harmoney today. With Harmoney's 100% online process you can apply now and have your loan approved within 24 hours. Harmoney assigns a personalised interest rate based on your personal circumstances, so you pay your rate based on your circumstances, not everyone else's.Start my loan
We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 2-3 working days for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please leave a note on your order or email us prior to pickup.
For orders within the North Island allow 2 working days, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.