We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Building on the success of the original Ultravid HD, Leica's 8x42 Ultravid HD Plus Binocular adds improved technologies and materials to create an optic with bright and clear images across the entire field of view. The HD Plus delivers enhanced contrast and true color fidelity, with virtually zero distortion, even in low-light conditions.
Leica upgraded the glass to specially formulated SCHOTT HT glass which increases light transmission especially in the blue-violet light band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance. Scratch and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC), and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lens protect surfaces and causes water and oil to bead off for easier cleaning and clearer vision. The roof prisms feature P40 phase-correction and the proprietary High Lux System (HLS) coatings. These coatings virtually eliminate chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition and increased contrast.
Complementing the optical performance are uncompromising construction details. To reduce user fatigue during long glassing sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight yet durable magnesium alloy, with a titanium center hinge axle. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance and sealed to make the binocular submersible to 16.4' or 0.5 bar of pressure. Ergonomic thumb indents on the bottom of the binocular coupled with protective rubber armoring provide a comfortable slip-resistant grip. A lubrication-free focus system provides fast and precise focusing, with PETP-Discs to provide smooth movement throughout the broad operating temperature range.
- Optical Performance
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lens diameter
- Compact roof prism optical path
- High-quality SCHOTT HT glass increases light transmission, especially in blue-violet band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance
- P40 and the proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings
- High temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Phase corrected prisms reduce chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition
- Scratch and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lens protects surfaces and causes water and oil to bead off lenses for easier cleaning and clearer vision in bad weather
- Use and Handling
- Lubricant free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- 4 right-eye dioptric correction
- Locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Twist-out 2-stage click-stop eyecups
- Flip-down tethered objective lens caps
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Construction Details
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and watertight to 16.5'/0.5 bar pressure
- Broad -13 to 131øF operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip
|Objective Lens Diameter||42mm|
|Angle of View||7.4ø (actual)|
|Field-of-View||391.57' @ 1000 yd / 130 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.17' / 3.1 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5.25 mm|
|Eye Relief||13.3 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||58 - 74 mm / 2.28 - 2.91"|
|Tripod Mount||Yes (Adapter Optional)|
|Dimensions||5.59 x 4.76 x 2.64"/14.2 x 12.1 x 6.7 cm|
|Weight||27.87 oz/790 g|
|Package Weight||3.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.5 x 8.4 x 6.6"|