Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerised Telescope
Click the image to enlarge
We don't have this item in our store right now, please allow 1-3 months for it to be transferred to our retail store.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
- Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 6-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- Fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- The unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||1500mm (59")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||60x|
|Finderscope||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||56mm (2.2")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||37%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||14%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||406mm (16")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||181mm (7.1")|
|Optical Tube Weight||8 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Mount Type||Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|Instrument load capacity||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||965.2mm - 1422.4mm (38" - 56")|
|Tripod leg diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Mount Head Weight||11 lbs (5 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CG-5 dovetail|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||1x Aux port|
|USB port||Yes, Hand Control input|
|Power Requirements||8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Computerized Hand Control||Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||21 lbs (9.5 kg)|
|Included Items||NexStar SE OTA | Single Fork Arm Mount | Tripod | Accessory Tray | Star Pointer Finderscope | NexStar+ Hand Control | 25mm eyepiece | Star Diagonal|