We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Sky-Watcher improves on the often unwieldy standard design of Dobsonians with their 14" f/4.9 Collapsible GoTo Dobsonian Telescope. It features a patented truss tube system that enables the front corrector plate/eyepiece assembly to be moved back and locked against the main rear tube to greatly reduce the size of the OTA for storage and transportation. This open OTA also has the benefit of reducing overall weight versus standard Dobs. To add another level of usability to the scope is a motorized ground-based rocker alt-az mount. Equipped with dual servo motors, they are controlled using the SynScan computer hand controller. This self-contained system features over 42,000 celestial objects with alignment assistance, guided tours and full go-to capabilities. Its dual encoders, coupled with the patented Tension Control Handle, enable users to manually move the scope without having to realign it.
It features an exceptionally large 14" aperture conical parabolic mirror to draw in copious amounts of light to make detailed observations of the Moon and planets, and still reach out past our solar system to discover dim deep-sky subjects that smaller scopes are unable to resolve. A conical mirror, as opposed to a standard parabolic, helps to reduce the mirror's weight while allowing it the ability to more evenly acclimate to the ambient temperature. Its f/4.6 focal ratio and two-speed Crayford focuser makes this an ideal choice for imaging. Its fast focal ratio enables devices to capture images in less time than slower scopes, while the unique focusing mechanism employed in the Crayford-style gives it the ability to achieve tack-sharp focusing with zero back-lash that rack-and-pinion focusers generally are unable to.
- Optical Performance
- 14" aperture
- f/4.9 focal ratio
- 1650mm focal length
- Efficient, highly reflective mirrors increase image brightness
- SynScan System
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution
- Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
- Crayford-style, two-speed
- Accepts 2" eyepieces and accessories
- Coarse focus wheel for fast focusing
- Fine smaller focus dial for precision focusing
- Crayford focusers use a toothless friction system that allows for super-fine precision focusing without backlash
- Includes 2-to-1.25" adapter
- Alt-az rocker design
- Teflon azimuth bearings
- Teflon bearings and tension clutch on altitude axis
- Tension control handle allows for smoother rotation to reduce vibrations and limit over-compensation
Accessories in the Box:
- SynScan hand controller with cables
- 12V power cable with lighter socket plug
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 25mm (66x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (165x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- User Manual