We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Sky-Watcher Star Discovery 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
The Maksutov-Cassegrain is a compact and powerful optical design that combines a front meniscus lens and two mirrors. The optical tube is closed by the front meniscus, keeping the mirrors protected from atmospheric agents such as humidity, dust and pollution. The tube is short but the focal length is long allowing high magnification with the standard eyepieces. With maximum practical magnification of 254x , this Sky-Watcher Telescope will reveal details in Saturns rings, Jupiters bands, the Martian polar ice caps, and the phases of Venus and the moon.
The Sky-Watcher 127/1500 Star Discovery is a fully automatic telescope ideal for beginners and those who want to get straight to observing. Aligning the mount takes mere minutes with the Bright Object alignment mode, and the computerised SynScan system is the ultimate upgrade that allows automatic pointing and tracking of more than 42,000 object in the sky! This means less time spent finding a faint nebula or a distant planet and more time to enjoy observing. Astronomy has never been so easy!
The Star Discovery mount is the upgrade of the Star Explorer, featuring the Freedom Find dual encoder technology. Once aligned, the telescope can be manually pointed anywhere in the sky without losing alignment, giving the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during the observations.
Star Discovery Mount Features:
- SynScan Database with 42,900+ Objects (NGC, SAO, IC and SAO Catalogues)
- One, Two, Three or Brightest Star Alignment
- Freedom Find Dual Encoder Technology
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement Feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification Feature
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Astro Time-Lapse Function
- DSLR Snap Port (optional cable)
- Compatible with Vixen Style Bars
- Power Requirement: 12V DC or AA Batteries (not supplied)
In the Box:
- 102mm Maksutov Cassegrain
- Star Discovery Alt-Azimuth Go-To Mount
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- SynScan Hand Control
- PC Connection Cord
- Eyepiece Super 25mm (60x) & Super 10mm (150x) 1.25 barrel
- 2x Barlow Lens with Camera Adaptor
- 90ø Star Diagonal 1.25 barrel
- 630 Finderscope
- User Manual
|Optical design||Maksutov Cassegrain|
|Stellar Limit Magnitude||12.5|
|Highest Practical Magnification||254X|
|Light gathering power (compared to the unaided eye)||329|
|Recommended Usage||Viewing Moon and Planets
Deep Sky Observation