About this product
Make long-range observations or explore the night sky using the 15x70 SkyMaster Binocular from Celestron. This optic is specifically designed for those tasks and possesses two distinct characteristics that set it apart from many other binoculars and make it a good fit for the purpose. First is the extra-wide 70mm objective aperture, which allows lots of light and delivers good visibility in low-light conditions. Second is its high 15x magnification power, which enables you to have good close-ups on distant objects, even the moon and the stars. This binocular configuration allows you to observe celestial objects with both eyes, an advantage over regular telescopes. Also, it is fully assembled and ready to be mounted on a tripod using the included adapter. To ensure that you get clear images, without glare, the lenses are anti-reflection multi-coated. Other highlights of the optic are its center focusing, interpupillary adjustment, and diopter corrector. To protect this instrument while not in use, also included are objective lens covers, a rainguard for the eyepieces, and a carry case.
- Optical Performance
- 15x magnification
- BAK4 porro prisms
- 70mm objective lenses deliver bright images in low light and allow stargazing
- Multi-coated optics increase transmission of light and reduce glare
- 231' field of view at 1000 yards
- 66ø wide apparent angle of view
- 18mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Diopter correction ring is located on the right ocular
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Fold-down eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Construction Details
- Lightweight and durable polymer
- Rubber armour protects against impacts and provides a slip-resistant grip
- Tripod mountable using included adapter
Great item easy to use and excellent image. Thanks to the team at Jacobs great communication and fast delivery AAA+++
Yes, for me, they are good for Astronomy. While you may not see as much as you would through as telescope, these are still good enough to see the Orion Nebula and some globular clusters. For larger scope owners who star hop, these are great bino's for locating targets that may be a lot more elusive with a narrow field of View. The Binos are good construction, though there is more play in the eyepieces than I thought there would be, but all in all, for the price, you wont be unhappy.
Awesome budget binoculars for long distance and astronomy. Easy to use and great focus. Highly recommend for those on a budget.