About this product
- The world’s most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- The unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2032mm (80")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||81x|
|Finderscope||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||843x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||64mm (2.5")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.77%|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||432mm (17")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||232mm (9.1")|
|Optical Tube Weight||12 lbs (5.4 kg)|
|Dovetail||CG-5 Dovetail bar|
|Mount Type||Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|Instrument load capacity||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||965.2mm - 1422.4mm (38" - 56")|
|Tripod leg diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Mount Head Weight||11 lbs (5 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CG-5 dovetail|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||1x Aux port|
|USB port||Yes, Hand Control input|
|Power Requirements||8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Computerized Hand Control||Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||24 lbs (10.88 kg)|
|Included Items||NexStar SE OTA | Single Fork Arm Mount | Tripod | Accessory Tray | Star Pointer Finderscope | NexStar+ Hand Control | 25mm eyepiece | Star Diagonal|
A great telescope - I had a Skywatcher before - this is much better. The 3 star align worked first time out of the box. Saturn and Jupiter look exceptional.