About this product
- Collapsible Dobsonian with 3-Points Tube Locking System
- No Disassembling or Collimation is required between uses
- Dobson Wooden Mount with Tension Control System and Accessories Tray
- Diffraction Limited Parabolic Mirror
- Ultra Thin Secondary Mirror Support (only 0.80 mm)
- Backed by 5 Years Sky-Watcher Limited Warranty
Sky-Watcher 12″ Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
The Ultimate Light Gatherer
The Dobsonian telescopes are named after John Dobson, an amateur astronomer who designed a very simple but effective telescope, where the key factor is a large aperture for little money. His idea was to mount a Newton telescope on an easy-to-use alt-azimuth mount that does not need time-consuming alignments. Sky-Watcher improved the Dobson design building a collapsible system that allows the telescope to be easily stored or transported. The 3 metal bars, used to fully extend the tube, have an auto-lock spring loaded system that simplify the set up of the telescope so only one person is required to fully extend the tube. The rigidity of the telescope keeps the mirrors collimated and the tension control system keeps the telescope balanced, so it is not necessary to move heavy counterweights.
Just extend the tube, use the finderscope and point the telescope towards your favourite night sky objects – sit back and enjoy the great light gathering of the Sky-Watcher Dobsonian!
To top it off, the Sky-Watcher Collapsible Dobsonians are equipped with a 2″ Crayford focuser and focuser locking screw.
Accessories in the Box:
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 25mm (60x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (150x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- User Manual
|Optical Design||Newtonian (parabolic primary mirror)|
|Secondary mirror diameter||69mm|
|Stellar Limit Magnitude||15.4|
|Highest Practical Magnification||610X|
|Light gathering power (compared to the unaided eye)||1898X|
|Focuser||2″ Crayford with 1.25″ adaptor|
|Telescope tube length||923mm – 1390mm|
Fantastic value. Easy assembly of base and packaged very well. The spotting scope is being difficult to align and needs some adjustment to be able to align an object in cross hairs. No fault of seller but shipper had stood the scope on its end ignoring the up arrows on the box for proper storage and transport.