We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
- Use a Spotting Scope as a Camera Lens
- Use a Telescope as a Camera Lens
- Fits Eyepieces 1.15" to 2.0" Wide
- Accommodates Point-and-Shoot Camera
- Smartphone Holder
- Fits Phone 2.3-3.9" High, Landscape
- Fits Phone at Least 4.0" Wide, Landscape
- Easy, Fast Setup
This Konus Universal Digiscoping Adapter is a system that consists of three main components: a camera platform, a camera platform extension, and a smartphone holder. Those three components can be variously configured to allow a point-and-shoot camera or a smartphone to use a telescope or spotting scope as a telephoto lens.
Featuring an adjustable clamp, the camera platform can be attached to a telescope or spotting scope eyepiece with a diameter of 1.15" up to 2.00". A point-and-shoot camera with 1/4"-20 mounting threads can then be screwed onto the camera platform's mounting bolt, which can be moved a total of 1.5" forwards or backwards. Additionally, a connected camera can be adjusted a total of 4.5" upwards or downwards. This combination of horizontal and vertical movement, along with two selectable slots for the camera platform's mounting bolt, allows a connected camera's lens to be aimed into a spotting or telescope's eyepiece. For cameras that require up to 5.1" of additional distance from an eyepiece to effectively digiscope, a camera platform extension is included that can be screwed onto the camera platform's mounting bolt, and has its own 1/4"-20 camera mount.
A smartphone holder is also included for digiscoping with wireless handheld devices. Two 1/4"-20 mounting bolts allow it to attach to the camera platform, the combination of which can accommodate a smartphone up to 2.3" to 3.9" high, and at least to 4.0" wide when measured in a horizontal orientation.
- Allows a point-and-shoot camera or a smartphone to use a telescope or spotting scope as a telephoto lens
- Can be attached to a telescope or spotting scope eyepiece with a diameter of 1.15" to 2.00"
- Accommodates point-and-shoot cameras with 1/4"-20 mounting threads
- Horizontal and vertical movements, along with two selectable slots for the mounting bolt allows a connected camera's lens to be aimed into a spotting or telescope's eyepiece
- Camera platform extension with mounting bolt for cameras that require up to 5.1" of additional distance from eyepiece to effectively digiscope
- Included smartphone holder for digiscoping with wireless handheld devices up to 2.3" to 3.9" high, and at least to 4.0" wide when measured in a horizontal orientation
|Dimensions||Camera Platform (H x W): 9.0 x 3.8" (22.9 x 9.7 cm)
Camera Platform Extension (L): 5.5" (14.0 cm)
Smartphone Holder (H x W): 4.9 x 3.2" (12.4 x 8.0 cm)
|Weight||Camera Platform: 1.5 lb (0.7 kg)
Camera Platform Extension: 0.5 lb (0.2 kg)
Smartphone Holder: 1.0 lb (0.5 kg)
Very simple to set up and use. A very versatile adapter. Very good service from the shop in getting the adapter to me.