About this product
- The precision flat mirror in this 90deg diagonal is meticulously polished to yield excellent performance
- Anodized aluminum housings are internally blackened for high contrast views free of glare
- Fits 1.25" telescope focusers, accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Enhanced Aluminum mirror coatings yield 97% reflectivity for bright clear views
- Includes dustcaps for storage
Don't put a standard-issue diagonal into a high-quality refractor or Cassegrain telescope or you'll be losing 10% or more of the light collected by the telescope's optics. Use an Orion Enhanced diagonal instead. Their lab-tested enhanced aluminum coatings reflect 97% of the inbound light to your eyepiece, for brighter images compared to standard diagonals. Orion's beautifully machined and anodized aluminum housings feature machine-threaded baffles for high contrast and nonmarring compression ring collars for securing the eyepiece. The diagonal's nosepiece barrel is threaded to accept 1.25" filters. Endcaps included.
This diagonal requires approximately 9cm inward focus travel relative to an eyepiece's focus position without the diagonal. Diagonals are not suitable for use with Newtonian reflector telescopes due to insufficient focus travel.
Upon replacing the stock diagonal it was immediately evident that more light was coming through. Only defect is the thumb screw, which can fall out fairly easily.