About this product
- Provides sturdy and portable support for instrument loads up to 13.2 lbs.
- Tripod height reaches a generous 68" when fully extended
- Features 3-section extendable aluminum alloy tripod legs with flip-lock clamps and metal spreader brace for extra stability
- Extra-long slotted 1/4"-20 captive quick-release shoe allows super-secure attachment of cameras, spotting scopes and L-adapter equipped binoculars with a non-slip grip
- Weighs just 4.8 lbs., and collapses to 27.25" long for easy portability. Includes zippered carry case.
This stable and sturdy yet delightfully lightweight field tripod is outfitted with outstanding features at a great value. Capable of supporting equipment loads weighing up to 13.2 lbs., the Orion Tritech II Field Tripod with Fluid Pan Head is an ideal choice for portable support of spotting scopes, cameras, video cameras, binoculars (requires L-adapter, sold separately), and more.
The Tritech II Field Tripod's buttery smooth, 2-way fluid pan head boasts 360ø azimuth motion and over 90ø of altitude rotation with robust pan and tilt lock levers. An adjustable-angle pan handle with comfortable grip provides exceptionally smooth pan and tilt control. For fast leveling in the field, two handy bubble levels are built into the Tritech II Field Tripod: one at the top of the tripod legs, and one at the base of the pan head.
The tripod's three-section extendable aluminum alloy tripod legs feature efficient flip-lock clamps and a metal spreader brace for extra stability. The Orion Tritech II Field Tripod with Fluid Pan Head extends to 56.5" with each 3-section leg fully extended. A geared center column elevator shaft with lock lever provides 11.7" of additional extension for a maximum extended height of 68.2".
An extra-long, 3-7/8" slotted quick-release shoe with rubber pads provides a large non-slip contact surface for attached instruments. For enhanced instrument safety, a red release button must be depressed to detach the slotted shoe. The quick-release shoe remains captive even when loose, so your treasured instrument can't slip off the pan head accidentally.
In especially windy conditions, a backpack or other weight can be hung from the integrated ballast hook at the bottom of the tripod's center column to enhance stability and prevent wind-induced vibrations.
The Orion Tritech II Field Tripod with Fluid Pan Head weighs just 4.8 lbs. and collapses to 27.25" long for easy transport and storage. A soft zippered carry case with adjustable shoulder strap is included.
very happy with purchaser , thank you for your advise with purchase