SkyWatcher 16" f/4.4 Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
The two included 4-element Super Plossl eyepieces are multicoated with a 52° field of view. The 25mm eyepiece yields a comfortable 72x magnification. Using the 10mm eyepiece pushes the magnification to a very capable 180x. A 2" dual-speed Crayford-style focuser enables precise focusing that is hard to match with conventional rack-and-pinion focusers.
One of the defining elements of Dobsonian telescopes is their size. While the large size produces bright high-quality images, transporting them is often difficult. The optical tube assembly (OTA) and the base of this telescope are both collapsible to make it more manageable. The optical tube assembly is designed with three support struts. To collapse the OTA, release the locks and slide the front of the assembly down the struts to rest against the back section. The forks on the base unscrew and come off. With no tools required, this collapsible system offers convenience not normally found in a Dobsonian.
- Aperture: 16"
- Focal length: 1800mm, f/4.4
- Dobsonian Newtonian reflector
- Conical parabolic aluminum mirror
- Silicon Tetraoxide (SiO4) reflective coatings
- Use and Handling
- 2" Crayford focuser
- 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- 8x50 right angle erect-image finderscope
- Aluminum azimuth plate with needle bearings
- Rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and altitude tension clutch
- Super Plössl Eyepieces
- 1.25" barrel diameter
- 4-element multicoated optics
- 52° field of view
- Fold-down rubber eyecups
- Compatible with standard 1.25" eyepiece filters
- 25mm eyepiece: 72x magnification, 16.9mm eye relief
- 10mm eyepiece: 180x magnification, 6.5mm eye relief
- Anodized aluminum optical tube assembly (OTA)
- Base is made of California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase 2 compliant composite pressed board
- Collapsible OTA and base for easier transportation
- Maximum eyepiece height: 68"
Accessories in the Box:
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 25mm (72x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (180x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- User Manual
|Aperture||16.0" / 40.6 cm|
|Focal Length||1800 mm|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||2"|
|Finderscope||9 x 50 right angle erect-image|
|Mount Type||Dobsonian Alt-Azimuth|
|Optical Tube Dimensions||Diameter: 16.0" / 40.6 cm
Length collapsed: 42.75" / 108.6 cm
Length extended: 66.5" / 168.9 cm
|Base Dimensions||33.0 x 33.5" / 84.0 x 85.0 cm|
|Weight||Base: 88.0 lb / 40.0 kg)
Optical Tube Assembly: 72.0 lb / 32.7 kg
Assembled Weight: 160.0 lb / 72.5 kg