We don't have this item in our store right now. Please enquire for availability.
If you come to pick up your order please bring photo ID, if someone else is picking it up on your behalf please contact us prior to pickup.
Once your order has been picked up by the courier please allow 2 working days for North Island addresses, for the South Island allow 3 working days. Rural deliveries and extra-large items may take several additional days.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated during checkout. The price of shipping varies based on the delivery location. Select items may be be eligible for free shipping.
Delivery of oversize items
Oversize items such as very large telescopes may only be available via pickup from a depot or a business address. For a list of available depots, click here
To ensure the safe delivery of your order we require a signature with all parcels. Some exceptions may be made if you give the courier company authority to leave parcels at your preferred address.
About this product
Special order item. Please enquire regarding delivery.
Sky-Watcher STARGATE Dobsonians with their huge light gathering capabilities
provide the ultimate WOW factor experience for aficionados of visual
astronomy, delivering outstanding performance on both Planetary and Deep-Sky
objects. The elegant and rigid all metal truss tube design is easily
transportable when unassembled, and can be assembled and ready for use in
about 20 minutes. The mount provides motorised operation in both Alt and
Azimuth axes, and can slew the telescope automatically to, and track over
42,900 night sky objects from the Synscan handset's extensive computerised
database. Features Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder technology, which also allows
the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing it's
alignment or positional information, giving the user enormous convenience and
flexibility during observing sessions. Simply push the telescope close to the
object and let the computer do the rest of the work!
How to set it up:
The STARGATE-500P SYNSCAN features high quality parabolic primary mirrors to
eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in fast focal lengh reflectors with
spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light
rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full
The Mirror Coatings
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface
and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect
it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide
but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more
expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is
open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the
resolution of the telescope. ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with
Silicon Dioxide as standard for optimum durability and long term performance.
- Parabolic Primary Mirror (Patented weight saving design)
- Dual-Speed 2 inch Crayford Focuser with 1.25 inch adaptor
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10 mm (1.25 inch) & 28 mm (2 inch)
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x71 and x200
- Collimating Eyepiece (1.25 inch)
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Fabric Light Shroud
- Alt-Azimuth Go-To mount (Metal construction)
- Transmission: Worm + Timing Belt + 64 Micro-step/0.9° Stepper Motor Drive
- Patented Freedom-Find Dual-Encoder design allows manual movement without losing positional information
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
- Gear Ratio: Azimuth 400, Altitude 1523.796
- Synscan Computerised Handset with 42,900+ Object Database
- 31% more Light Gathering than 400 mm
Accessories in the Box:
- SynScan hand controller with cables
- 12V power cable with lighter socket plug
- Finderscope 9X50 straight version
- Eyepiece 2″ LET 28mm (71x) – apparent filed of view 56°
- Eyepiece 1.25″ Super Plossl 10mm (200x) – apparent filed of view 52°
- Eyepiece adapter from 2″ to 1.25″ with M42 thread
- 2″ tube extension
- Collimation Eyepiece
- User Manual